I would like to take this time to tell folks to take this storm warning seriously. Yes, it could wind up being nothing, but remember Sandy? A lot of people thought she was going to be nothing, and we are still cleaning up, repairing and praying for government help in her wake.
~They are expecting coastal flooding with this storm. Please get to higher elevations and/or move inland.
~ If you take medications, please make sure you have enough medication to last at least 3 days.
~ Please make sure you have enough food and water to last at least 3 days.
~ Charge your cell phones tonight. You may not be able to get out of the house for a few days.
~Make sure you have enough flashlights and batteries to go with those flashlights.
~You should have some kind of radio. I use an old walkman.
~If you use candles please do not leave them unattended.
-Keep candles away from flammable surfaces
- You can fill the sink with a little water and put a candle on a non-flammable plate or in a candle holder in the sink.
- Do NOT move from room to room with a candle that is not properly covered (as in a lantern)
-If you use a hurricane lamp/lantern, make sure there is no dust on the glass.
- Do not put candles in windows.
- MAKE SURE YOU BLOW OUT ALL CANDLES BEFORE GOING TO BED.
~ Make sure you have warm clothes, gloves, and lots of blankets.
~ Do not shovel snow at all if you have:
-High Blood Pressure
- Heart Disease
- Have an immune disorder of any kind
I hope I haven't left anything out...feel free to comment below with other safety tips.